Floater

Saturday, October 01, 2005

You Humble me Lord...

It's been up and down at work, fun and stupid at the same time, they have been trying to boost the morale at work, hoping to have happier co-workers. Which is completely understandable, if you get 60 women and 6 doctors in the same area, all week, it gets mundane, or discouraging at times. So we had a meeting on Thursday, lets just say we had drawings and a pinata, and alot of Chocolate was involved. It just makes me laugh, at women, really, they know exactly how to get on our good side....."feed them". By the end of the day there was a hole in the Kitchen wall where a swing at the pinata went a wry. In the same week we have had some vandalism that involved human fesces and the bathroom, I don't understand I thought I worked at professional office, not with a bunch of 6 year olds.....now that I have that off my chest.
Today was interesting, I mentioned in another blog of mine, that I am starting to ride my bike to work, which I have been, it works out so perfect, when I can actually get up early enough. I am saying this so it might hopefully inspire anyone with access to a bike. It gives me a good 30 minutes in the morning and at night to spend, just soaking up the beauty God created. It's pretty therapeutic.
So today I decided to ride on unmapped territory, because I didn't have to work today I just rode at my leisure, and I only took my ipod a big peice of gum with me. There was my first mistake. I usually grab my keys, and a back pack. When I returned from a really good ride I only wanted to get a huge glass of ice water and to take a shower. I was devastated to find, that I had completely locked myself out of my house in every way. I was ok at first, so I tried all the usuall things, I thought, oh get the garage opener, nope it's locked inside of your car. oh go to the main house because they have a garage opener, ohh they are out of town this weekend. I looked in every possible place there might be an extra key.. there was none. I was phoneless, waterless, and hopeless. So I thought I would make the best of it and I went and sat on the swing that hangs in my yard, just listening to my ipod. Then after about an hour I decide to try my hand at breaking in. So after a couple of trials I finally found a window that leads to the garage. It opened for me and I had to scale a piano, and some storage and a tanning bed, it was ridiculous. But, God really took care of me.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger debbie said…

    the fat girl says hello

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger debbie said…

    lay off me, I'm starvin'!

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger nikki })i({ said…

    Brittany...you make me laugh so much. I can just imagine you trying to break in. I really miss you. I'm not just sayin that, I really mean it. Thanks for your comments, they're always encouraging. I wish we could just sit down and talk for a few hours...face to face you know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home