Floater

Thursday, September 01, 2005

What a Day for a Daydream...

Probably the oddest morning of my life. So it's Thursday morning, like normal I am rushing out the door, cereal bowl in one hand and purse in the other. On the road, I am enjoying my "special K" as I look at the rear view mirror, I realize I am not alone. An abnormally large Preying Mantiss is looking straight at me as he is hanging upside down from my ceiling. I am literally inches from his face. I didn't know what to do so I pulled over on the road with no shoulder, just a ditch, and put my flashers on. I don't know about your knowledge with the insect life, but the only thing I know about the "Preying Mantiss" is what I have seen in movies and such, and c'mon they eat the head of their mate. I'm sorry I just don't think of them fondly after that. So after jumping out of my car, and trying to think of a smart way to shew it out without having to actually get near it, a nice woman asked if I needed help after I explained she said "Yeah, those you don't want to mess with." What does that mean? So now I am even more freaked out. Luckily, I rolled down the window on the passenger side and it was smart enought to slowly walk out:) I was overjoyed. As soon as it got on the outside I rolled the window up quickly. Relieved from the suspicion of whether or not I would have to be rushed to the hospital with fatal, Preying poisoning, I got back in my car. Continuing with my breakfast I stopped at a light, and sure enough what do I see glaring at me through my passenger window? That's right the Mantiss, it was holding on for his life, and I realized I had shut the window on one of his legs. So I had a good laugh on the way to work. When I got there I had to release him so I had my friend push him off of the window while I rolled down the window. It was a mess, then she informed me that they are actually pretty harmless, and they eat alot of the pesky insects. Man did I feel guilty, and here I am torchering the thing. Then we watched it eat off the injured part of his leg. I still thoroughly check the outside of my car as well as the inside before I actually start driving, I don't know if the thing had a family in there or what. The scary part is, how long has it been in there and I not notice?

4 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger debbie said…

    yucky. I'm glad it didn't try to mate with you and eat your face.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger CodyBrock said…

    You get back to Missouri, and this is the stuff you blog about? Hehe

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Aaron said…

    What else is there? Besides the humidity.

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger debbie said…

    Britnizzle, i left my headphones at your house... All that downloading (shameless stealing) for nothing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home