Floater

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Noone can find the rewind button

It has already happened. I didn't think it was going to happen to me, and especially not this early but it did. I am sitting looking at all of these students, doing group projects and writing papers and suddenly envy them. I don't really even know why. I am probably just getting bored with working, but it is partly because I do have a thirst for knowledge. I am just the type that has to be forced to get a book and read it. I can't find leisure time that I want to sit down and learn.
I guess I need to start prioritizing my life. Ok so here are all my dreams, well they are not in great detail but what I want to do is this. I would like to go backpacking through Europe, the thing is I have no money, and I want to go with a group so if anyone is interested in saving up some money and planning an amazing trip you should leave me a comment and we will start planning. I would like to substitute teach, so I need to get involved and see if that is something I would be any good at. I want to move to California for awhile and live on the beach, I want to go to Louisiana or somewhere in the South and help in any way I can, I want to win the lottery and give it all away just like Nicholas Cage does in "It could happen to you"?? i forgot the name of the movie but it's something like that. For fun he goes to the train station and buys alot of tokens and just hands them out to the people in New York. I want to figure out marriage, and understand why it so hard for people to stay together. I was talking with a coworker who said the only reason she doesn't leave her husband is because she is scared that he would find someone else, and that would make her miserable to see another woman raising her child. I know I shouldn't base my thoughts on this one case, but it just seems to be everywhere, unhappiness. Am I being naive?
So one time, I forgot how different MO and CA are, and while I was watching 5 adults being entertained by a talking deer mounted to the wall..... I remembered.
I started this blog thinking I had nothing at all to say and maybe I don't.
Cody just called and made me smile, of all the corn dog eating boys that I met at camp this summer he's my favorite. I want to move to NY and help start a church, I want write an age related curriculum for sunday school, but what would make it different from the mass amounts already available? Alright well some of this may or may not happen. I want it to be summer forever and work on the zipline and sleep on a hard bed, and be outside all day and yet I can't wait until the leaves are all orange and brown, and yellow. I can't make up my mind.
Because of the new gas prices I have decided to start riding my bike to work, I haven't tried it yet but I'll keep you posted, it's only 4 miles from my house.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Heddah said…

    You know whats great is that you are able to have all those dreams, and even if they don't seem too realistic right now, they are still a possibilty!! I would love to travel and see the world, backpack through different countries! I think you should move to CA and we can be sisters for life!! (but only if you do that... jk) :) love ya girl!!

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger fountainstylerootbeer said…

    i slightly remember your house but i am recalling a huge freaking hill either way you go so i hope if you start riding the bike you keep it up. you will have buns of steel!!!

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger nikki })i({ said…

    Brittany...I promise to write soon. More than just a quick little note. But know that I love you, and I miss you oh so much. Can I go on your trip?

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger CodyBrock said…

    You want some knowledge? Read Rob Bell's "Velvet Elvis". Read it right now. Go. Then let me know when you're done.
    And by the way, I miss harassing you on the zip line as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home