Floater

Monday, July 18, 2005

"God bless the daylight"

It was a week to remember, there were so many kids running around like maniacs. It was fun though, probably one my favorite weeks. Everyone was pretty friendly in general I got to actually connect with a couple of campers, which is rare for me in my position this summer. It feels good to know your work is appreciated, and I was encouraged in more ways than one this week. The week went fast and on Friday I was ready for this break. We went to Oceanside to stay at a beach house, but before we could arrive there God wanted to mess with us a little bit. Through a fender bender, and overheating 3-4 times, waiting at a Mcdonalds for it to cool down and not one person asking us if we needed help, 7 sad faces were trying to cheer up by playing the guitar. Which it did help, on the way to get more water to pour into the car, I realized that I was being bummed out because I was going to be later than I expected to a beach house, are you serious, how spoiled am I really. If that is all it takes, I am afraid if something actually tragic happened to me. So it was a good learning experience for everyone involved.
We arrived in Oceanside 7 hours later, and ate at Colima's, Walked on the beach and enjoyed the company. Once again, we relaxed all weekend, and I think we all really needed it.
I got a chance to talk to some people that I usually don't get a chance to, and that is why I love the weekends. Stacey and Jeff, and Stacey's sister Melissa came in and she was cool to get to meet. Cody's sister Katie came down for the barbecue on the beach, I always enjoy talking with her and listening to her. We all enjoyed the brief company of Dan, the random drunk man who walked up to us thinking we were his friends, so he decided to serenade us with a song he just made up right there on the spot, it was a bit weird.
Staying there for a couple days is making me seriously consider living there, I couldn't help but try to think of some way I could possibly afford something like that. We ended our journey in Oceanside at Alber Tacos, where we said our goodbyes to those who do not have to work this week. One sad note before I go, I completely broke my entire phone, when we arrived here at camp, I was holding my purse with the same hand as the one I shut the car door with lost grip and flung my purse into a rock where my phone was snapped in half and I haven't been able to get it to turn on.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger fountainstylerootbeer said…

    i like oceanside a lot when i stayed the night there it was on the beach and we got kicked off at 2 in the morning and then spent the rest of the night sleeping in the parking lot of a church. the next morning we stunk and we were so tired and we went to church and no one sat close to us cause we were so gross. but it was a great trip and i sure miss socal!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home