Floater

Monday, July 11, 2005

"Did you know right from the start when you first held me in your arms that you would always hold my heart?"

So I just recently recieved a card from my mother and I can't explain how much I love her. She has shown me so much about how to love and how to make sacrifices for others, she is continually surprising me with her generosity.
This weekend was wonderful, I stayed around camp with a few friends and we did nothing, literally, and I loved every minute. We did make one journey well 2 we saw the Fantastic Four, on Saturday night, and before that we drove to see if the mechanic could change my brake pads but they are closed on weekends.
Just for the record I wrote an unusually large blog on Saturday and before I could publish it I got kicked off the internet, I was pretty sad. So to make up for that
I would like to dedicate this next segment to a girl I like to call my good friend Debbie Martinez
"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Debbie, Happy Birthday to you!"
This Sunday I did have a brush with "Death" Yep Death itself, we almost met. So there I was riding shotgun in my friend Heather's car on the way to church, going down the winding mountain in San Bernadino National Forest, when all the sudden the very calm voice of Heather said "Yeah, um my brakes are not working," as she literally had the pedal to the metal I started to panic, luckily we had just came to the part where we were on the highway, so she used her emergency brake to stop on the side of the road and the smell of burnt rubber filled the car.
Bumbudddadahh! Nurse Kyle came to the rescue, He and Nikki came up told us to park at Walmart, and we could ride with them. It turned out good, so while we were still on a down hill slope the car proceeded to pick up speed even on the off ramp where we had a red light she had nothing at all that would slow the car down. Thanks to Cody who helped Heather and guided the speeding bullet into safety we took a 90 degree angle at about 45 mph and another one into the parking lot. and pushed the car into an empty spot. The ride to church was pretty quiet, because we all had pooped our pants.
Today was first day of camp for 260 Junior Highers. I must say it is refreshing to see so many bright faces around, and at the same time exhausting.
I have just started to watch the first season of "The OC" and everyone is right so far, I am addicted and I can't wait to watch the next episode. I usually don't get to watch an entire season of anything, so it is a new experience.
Have you ever noticed how your whole life people encourage you to be sure of yourself, get some confidence, make your own mind up, yet I read in Proverbs the other day to lean Not on my own understanding. That is one I have to be reminded of just about as much as I have to remind myself I am not in control.
Just one more plug before I go, I want to encourage my roomy Nikki, I can't even count on one hand how much your words of wisdom have comforted me. I love you very much and I appreciate you.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger fountainstylerootbeer said…

    so its not twice a day but i am glad you are updating! also glad that you are ok. hope you have an amazing week of camp! God bless

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger nikki })i({ said…

    awe thanks so much. thinking about the end of summer truly sadens me. you are so amazing Brittany and I'm glad to have gotten to know you better this summer. Can we be best friends forever? cause I can't imagine life without you now

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger CodyBrock said…

    So um...I don't know how things are done in Missouri, but here in America, the phrase "pedal to the metal" is usually in reference to speeding, not trying to slow down. But yeah, it was definetly a crazy experience to add to my book of stories.
    You have been an amazing encouragement to many people during these past few weeks at camp, and the fact that summer's end is soon approaching saddens me as well...
    Oh yeah. The OC is amazing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home