Floater

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Summer has come and Gone

So here it is fall has begun. I could tell when Halloween decor came out but I didn't really believe it when it was still 70-80 degrees out. I don't want to face the frozen tile on my bathroom floor as I race to get into a the hot water of the shower, so I hit snooze, which is a blessing and a curse, for I abuse my snooze button.
It is cold here. It's the kind of cold that seeps up your nose and hurts your forehead. It's funny because I was just watching people walking into the store today and they all have a twisted tense body as their little legs are rapidly walking trying to not look as cold as they feel. This weather does something to the sunlight, I don't know how to explain it but I can't stop taking pictures of everything lately. I am driving and I literally have a camera handy so I can stop and take pictures. The light is just so beautiful and crisp. The downside to that is that I can't stop just anywhere, for example on I-44 can't just stop in traffic that is cruising at 70 to capture the sunlight beaming over the skyline of trees. Don't ask me where this ridiculous obsession with pictures came from. I am not quite sure, maybe when I found out that I was able to put 200 of them on a cd and it's only 2.50 @ Wal-Mart.
I recently visited my sister and her husband Derrick up in Binghamton NY. It was a 16 hour drive and we drove through the night, I had my first Red Bull, and later found myself laughing histerically with my mother who had just downed a Rock Star.(needless to say we had no trouble staying up) The drive was interesting it is really beautiful up there, I was able to go to Niagra Falls and my mom had her first out of the country experience.(because we went to the Canadian side)
So I was surprised yesterday when by chance my parents had an extra ticket to see Larry the Cable Guy live. So I went with them and I laughed so hard, and Gary and my brother do this cute little thing if they think something is funny they will look over to see your reaction, to make sure you are laughing too. Which made it even funnier. It was a good time, of course if you know anything about this guy you would know there is some shady material, but he tells it like it is. I don't think I have ever heard so many farting, butt hole, or poop jokes at one time before. It was quite the night, and to think I got to experience it with those I love most.
But really I was thinking about it and I would highly recommend for families to do that, maybe find some cleaner comedians, but I definitely think it is healthy to laugh together.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:26 AM, Blogger stacey said…

    brittany, i felt like i was reading a novel when i read this post. it was so beautifully written. i miss you and your smile and your giggles. you were the only person to laugh at my jokes. i loved it when you tried to act angry but would just end up laughing. good times.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home