Floater

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

It feels like home to me

"It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong."
WE arrived on Sunday afternoon, here at camp. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. Right away we set out to Riverside and on the way back ended up in some town far from camp, So we haven't quite mastered the way these highways run. If I get lost enough, soon I won't have any trouble finding anything.
I love how it's not hard to adapt to living here, I might be speaking too soon, but even last year I just fell into place, It was like second nature. It might have to do with the fact that there are a few familiar faces from back home, and the fact that I know this is temporary, and in few months I will be leaving.
I seem to be struggling in the area of patience and discernment, when it comes to even my closest friend, I hate that but for some reason, I am short, and haughty, which is never pretty on anyone. It's only on occasion but it is still hurtful. The funny thing is after a few of these episodes, I began reading C.S. Lewis "Mere Christianity" and the first chapter was on quarrells, and such, which I thought was absolutely what I needed to hear.
So this is just the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger nikki })i({ said…

    I totally know what you mean...that's why I'm still here workin on my 4th summer. And maybe you could share that chapter with me, I can be a little snappy sometimes. Oh so much work to do!

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger nikki })i({ said…

    Oh yeah...I'm glad your here roommie

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger CodyBrock said…

    I hope you're feeling at home now, I know I am!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home