Floater

Monday, May 16, 2005

Loving God More

Do you ever find yourself smiling for no aparent reason, and realize that you look like a crazy person?
I just wanted to share with everyone something my pastor said on Sunday that just sticks in my mind, and leaves a permagrin on my face.
The passage was in Matthew, speaking of Christ's yoke being easy. He expanded it to many parts of our lives, and how Christ wants to share the load of burdens and such, but we as humans often try to carry them on our own. He said "Living a life that is pleasing to God is hard, but it is infinitely harder to live life any other way."--John Marshall
That all hit home with me, but what I keep reminding myself is when he said, "In trials and hard times, we often wonder what God is trying to teach us, God might be trying to teach you something specific, but He is always, always, teaching us to love him more." That really brings light to alot that I have been going through and was exactly what my heart needed to hear this weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Heddah said…

    I just want you to know that I love you and I am so excited to hear how this summer goes!! YA for getting out of MO and heading back to fun loving CA!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home